Duration: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
Pub Total: 4 pubs & lots of history!
Crawl Times: 3 p.m. & 7 p.m.
Let Boston Crawling show you Boston in the most exciting way possible – a good, ole fashioned Pub Crawl! Come along and learn about the birthplace of a city and a country, and hear how it all started in a bar.
- Visit four historic taverns
- Learn about the influence of beer on famous American events such as the landing on Plymouth Rock and the Boston Massacre
- Enjoy local Boston beers you can’t find anywhere else
- Let our expert guides entertain you with tales of Boston’s secret history while you crawl from bar to bar along the historic Freedom Trail
Please note that Pub Crawls begin on the hour. Please arrive five minutes before your scheduled crawl.
The Independence Pub Crawl meets at the Samuel Adams Statue in front of Faneuil Hall.
By Public Transportation:
The following MBTA stops are a short walk to Faneuil Hall:
Green Line to Government Center
Orange Line to State Street
Blue Line to State Street
Red Line to Park Street
Commuter Rail to North Station
When using a a GPS to drive to Faneuil Hall, enter the address:
1 Faneuil Hall Square, Boston MA 02109
When using a GPS to park at Faneuil Hall, enter the address:
5 Broad Street, Boston MA 02109
$10 Off Lyft Promotion
Boston Crawling has partnered with Lyft, the on-demand rideshare company, to make your transportation to Faneuil Hall even easier. Download the app and use code BOSTONCRAWLING to get $5 off each of your first two rides. Valid for new users only.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do the crawls start/meet?
Our pub crawls meet at the Sam Adams statue in front of Faneuil Hall. This is right in the heart of downtown Boston.
- What time are the pub crawls?
We crawl everyday at 3:00 and 7:00. Crawls last an average of 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Can I bring someone who is under 21/a baby?
No. Unfortunately all crawlers must be at least 21 years old with proper identification. This is because of the strict blue law in Massachusetts.
- What does the tour cover (what history do we learn)?
Our guides teach you the history that your 8th grade Social Studies teacher left out, all while visiting four historic Boston pubs. The guides share stories of how beer shaped our history from the landing on Plymouth Rock to the start of the Revolution.
- Are private pub crawl available?
Yes, private pub crawls are available. We ask that you call our owner Bobby Heaney directly at 617-843-3890 and he can set up your private crawl.
- Can I book a crawl for 1 person?
Yes you can. Our pub crawl is a great way to meet fellow travelers from around the globe.
- What time should we arrive for the crawl?
We ask that you arrive five minutes prior to the start of your crawl.
- When do I have to book my tour by?
You can book your tour online up to an hour before the start of the tour. But we advise you to book your crawl sooner rather than latter because they often sell out.